We all face problems. Some problems are familiar and occur so frequently that we solve them quickly and with the minimum of fuss.
But we also encounter problems that are difficult to solve for one or a combination of the following reasons:
- We do not fully understand what the problem is,
- We have insufficient or inaccurate information about the problem, or
- We are not methodical in our approach to solving the problem.
This Toolkit describes a 4-step process for solving problems, which involves:
- Defining the situation,
- Identifying the problem’s root cause(s),
- Developing an effective action plan, and
- Executing the plan’s actions.
The Toolkit consist a Lesson Guide and an e-learning module that allows you to work your way through the process.
Click here to subscribe in order to access the Lesson Guide.
Click here to access the e-learning module. Please note that if you’re viewing this site on an iPad, you will be prompted to load a viewer called Articulate Mobile Viewer. Please load the viewer, which is free, otherwise you will not be able to access this training module.
Here is what the process looks like together with the tools you will need to solve your problem.